Tuesday 21 June 2016

Pereira Osprey 2 ZK-OSP at North Shore

When I was up at North Shore airfield last week with the Hairy Mole Rat. we poked around a few of the hangars that were open and I found a surprise.

Pereira Osprey 2 ZK-OSP has eluded me for many years so it was great to finally catch up with it.  When I did my post on Pereira Osprey 2s of New Zealand in July 2013 (at http://nzcivair.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/pereira-gp-3-osprey-2s-of-new-zealand.html), it was apparently stored in a shed in West Auckland but I could find out no more about it, or even if it had ever had the marks ZK-OSP applied.  The aircraft is still registered to VP Morris of Auckland and as can be seen it has been marked up as OSP following its exit from the ZK-KGB registration marks.  I guess that it may fly again in the future as the wings are also stored in the hangar (although it does not have an engine installed).

No comments:

Post a Comment