Saturday 2 January 2016

Christchurch park overs 02-01-2016

Noted from the western grass at Christchurch International Airport mid morning of 02-01-2016
 Agusta Bell AB206A ZK-HMU3 (c/n 8127) was cranked out in 1969 by Agusta Bell in Italy for the Austrian Air Force. 
It was retired from military service in 2009 and turned up at Ardmore to be registered here on 20-01-2012 to H F T Ltd of Auckland.
The present listed owner from 05-09-2014 is LAM Systems Ltd of Wellington 
 On the tie downs beside the Aero Club hangar was the Cessna 172S Skyhawk SP ZK-JMR (c/n 172S10639) from Air Hawkes Bay of Hastings.
 Spending the Christmas - New Year period in warmer climes are four Lockheed LC130's  - three depicted here.
On another photo survey mission in NZ is the Reims-Cessna F406 VH-LAA (c/n F406-00112).
The Aero L29 is ZK-VAU (c/n 094015).

4 comments:

  1. Observed HMU/3 at NZPM/NZOH over the Weekend of RNZAF 75th Air Show. I notice 3C-JA has been removed thou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a completely different note (I'm posting here because I'm not onto it and don't know how to otherwise ask) what's the latest on ZK-HUN, the radial powered Chopper? I know you've posted before but I've heard nothing more about it. Interesting machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a completely different note (I'm posting here because I'm not onto it and don't know how to otherwise ask) what's the latest on ZK-HUN, the radial powered Chopper? I know you've posted before but I've heard nothing more about it. Interesting machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for delay in getting back here 10kresistor.
    The Mil 34 ZK-HUN is very close to being certified. Bit of a hold up from CAA about the direction of throttle rotation on the cyclic. It is the opposite to that used by us Western Nations. I believe a fix is being worked on as we speak.

    ReplyDelete